Company Secretarial Practice
A key responsibility of the BDO Corporate Secretarial Department is monitoring and ensuring that companies comply with the relevant legal and regulatory requirements of the Companies Act, 2004. We advise directors of companies in discharging their fiduciary duties and assist them in improving efficiency. BDO also acts in the capacity of Company Secretary for several companies.
We specialise in:
- Maintenance of companies involving Company Secretarial Practice
- Preparation and filing of statutory returns with the Companies Office of Jamaica
- Updating and maintenance of statutory registers
- Attendance and recording of meeting and transcribing of minutes of company's Annual General Meetings and Board Meetings.
- Company searches at the Companies Office of Jamaica
- Advising on The Companies Act, 2004
- Advising on the Law of Meetings, wording of resolutions