BDO's experts work hard to minimise tax burdens and maximise tax benefits within the confines of the tax laws. The skills that our partners and staff need to give clients practical, well-informed and relevant tax advice are constantly being refined. Where international tax regulations are concerned, we are particularly well-equipped to advise overseas investors, ensuring the optimum structuring of crossborder transactions, and compliance with local tax regulations.
Tax legislation and regulation of the business environment are subject to constant changes requiring expert advice and planning to cope with these changes. Wherever possible, we advise our clients to maximise any benefits from specific incentives and other allowances built into these laws and regulations.
Our tax specialists can provide advice and services in the widest possible range of circumstances to individuals and corporations. In conjunction with BDO International offices worldwide, we can provide advice and assistance to deal with the international aspects of cross border investment, trading and remittance of profits.
Our services include:
- The preparation and review of corporate and individual tax returns, including those of expatriate personnel working in Jamaica.
- Advice on the impact of new taxation legislation.
- Advice and assistance in tax planning.
- Appraisal of the tax implications of management decisions.
- Assistance with the application of international revenue laws and double taxation agreements.
- Advice and assistance in relation to disputes with the tax authorities.
- Advice on incentives available to local and foreign investors, and assistance in processing applications.
The General Consumption Tax (GCT), a value added tax, was intended to assist in simplifying the Government’s taxation regime. However, this is far from being a “simple tax,” and finding a way through its complexities requires an expert guide. Our specialists, who are among the most knowledgeable in the area, provide the best service and advice in coping with the requirements of this tax.